Which Features Should I Look For When Purchasing Home Security Cameras?
Keeping your home and family safe is a top priority. Adding security cameras to your home is one way to ensure that you can check what is going on in your home at all times of the day. There are numerous types of security cameras on the market. They all have different features and price ranges. When looking for your home security cameras it is important to look for :
- Field Of View- Monitors a certain angle of where you set up your camera. If you would like to cover a larger area you will want your camera to cover a larger field of view. The field of view usually ranges from 90-140 degrees.
- Sound- Some cameras can record sounds while others cannot. You have the option of choosing a camera with two-way audio that allows you to speak to people through a speaker.
- Night Vision - It is just as important to see during the day as it is to see at night. You will want to make sure your security camera has night vision. This will allow you to have a clearer view of what is going on around your house in the dark.
- Motion Detection- Your camera should be able to detect when there is movement in the area.
- Resolution- The resolution of your camera will determine how clear the videos it captures will be.
- Cost- The cost of the camera is not the only thing to consider before purchasing home security. Make sure you also determine the price for installation and service.
Choosing the best camera for your home may take a little research before you find the best fit. Consult with a security camera pro to get an in-depth description of which camera may be best for your home.
Need a professional for home improvement? Home Pros Guide is the best source for local, reputable, quality Home Improvement Pros for all homeowners.
Click here to look through our extensive directory of pros or browse our gallery of real home project photos for new home improvement ideas!