Benefits On Having A Sunroom In Your Home
Sunrooms are a beautiful way to add sunlight to your home! They are referred to as solariums, conservatories, patio rooms, and green rooms, depending on how they are used in the home. Sunrooms are a great addition to your kitchen or family room, a glass-in porch or deck, or a separate structure that can be an extention of your home. Many homeowners have their own unique wants and needs, and many styles of sunrooms are available to accommodate many preferences.
Sunrooms make for great TV room as well. By adding a large table, television, and comfortable lounge furniture, you'll be able to spend time with friends or alone in your beautiful sunroom while watching your favorite shows. They're perfect as play rooms for children and grandchildren. Sunrooms can be designed in a way that can give children the perfect area to play while not cluttering your home space.
Sunrooms are constructed with proper insulation. This basic room addition has more windows than your average room and a solid, foam-insulated panel roof similar to that of a mobile home. They may include heating and air conditioning systems to keep you, your family and friends comfortable through every season for year-round use.
There's many benefits on having a sunroom in your home. Here's a few beneficial facts:
- Sunrooms can be an area to relax in, allowing you to enjoy your surroundings. Studies show that exposure to sunlight can help with different illnesses and other problems. Basking in the sun from the comfort of your sunroom can be beneficial to your health.
- Adding a sunroom can be a big investment, but it can dramatically improve your home's resale value.
- Sunrooms are one of the most important aspects of a house in the realty market, as many prospective home buyers request sunrooms so they can enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while remaining indoors.
There are different types of sunrooms that may best suit your home, such as:
- Seasonal Sunrooms are made with single pane glass windows and screens that can be full-length or built at a knee-wall to give a more closed-in feeling.
- Solariums and Conservatories, constructed with insulated glass, can be heated or air-conditioned for year-round usage with accordance to local building codes.
- Screened Rooms or Patio Rooms have walls that are meshed all around the perimeter of the room to invite fresh air in and keep insects out.
- Knee-wall Rooms, which have short, decorative walls from the ground up to the windowsill, allowing a view of the outdoors while having some of the privacy of indoors.
Considering installing a new sunroom? Need a sunroom professional for your home? Home Pros Guide has the best local and reputable home improvement professionals to help you with a sunroof project. Click here and browse our sunroof pros!