What outdoor lighting ideas you can use to improve its charm?
As you tend to spend more times outdoors in spring and summer, your outdoor room may appear even more attractive while improving your home exterior at the same time. To create ambience, it’s all about choosing the right type of lighting fixture for your backyard.
Here are some lighting ideas to make a better backyard for your home.
1. Make sure to incorporate the three basic types of lighting: ambient, task, and accent. Ambient lighting can be achieved through hanging lights, post lights, and wall lights. Task lighting includes pathway lights, plus deck and security lights. And you can get accent outdoor lighting with landscape kits and spotlights.
2. Calculating- Before you start shopping, you’ll need to figure out exactly how much lighting you need. To determine how much light a space requires in your backyard.
3. Use LED's- They use far less energy than halogen or incandescent bulbs and they are almost maintenance-free, so you won’t have to change bulbs.
4. Plan Ahead when choosing fixtures- Use a paper template to determine exact placement to review the size before buying. For either the front porch or the back patio, the size of an outdoor wall light should be approximately one-third the height of the door. You also want to make sure you’re choosing sturdy lighting, one that’s made of high-quality and weather-resistant materials.
5. This can help you decide on which lighting to choose and how place it around your yard. Consider how patio spaces, gardens, and pathways look like from inside your home.
6. Think About Security-Outdoor lighting not only provides ambience, but it can also secure your home. Make sure all entry points of the home are well lit, For added security, illuminate any side of the house in the shadows with spotlights installed on your eaves or use wall lanterns at side doors, windows, and garages.