What Are The Signs You Need A New Washing Machine?
Whether you use your washing machine daily or once a week, it should work when needed. Washing machines can last for years, but what are the signs that you need to replace it?
- Noise- If your washer is making more noise than usual, this may be a sign that you need to replace it. Excess noise coming from your washer can sometimes be a minor issue that can be fixed. Call a professional first to take a look at it before spending extra money to buy a new one.
- Moving- Your washing machine should not move from side to side violently. It also should not move out of its current space from its movement.
- Leaking- There should not be water underneath your washing machine after you wash your clothes.
- Age- Washing machines typically last for 10-12 years. If it is older than that, it could be a sign you need a new washer.
- Clothes are still dirty- When you remove your clothes, they should not smell or appear dirty.
- Your drum is not rotating- If your washing machine fills with water, but does not rotate once filled it needs to be replaced.
- Water does not drain- Your clothes should go through an end cycle where the washing machine rings out your clothes keeping them damp. If you notice your drum is still full of water or your clothes are soaking wet, you may need to replace your washer.
These are a few signs that you may need to replace your current washing machine. To reiterate, it is always best to check with a professional to see if there is an option to repair your washing machine before purchasing a new one.
Need a professional for home improvement? Home Pros Guide is the best source for local, reputable, quality Home Improvement Pros for all homeowners.
Click here to look through our extensive directory of pros or browse our gallery of real home project photos for new home improvement ideas!