Indoor Improvements To Increase the Value of Your Home
Whether you are looking to sell your home or trying to update it, there are home improvement projects that can increase the value of your home. From the kitchen to the floors and everything in between, this list will point you in the right direction on what you should focus on when renovating.
1. Kitchen-The kitchen is known as the heart of the home. It is one of the most important rooms. Adding new kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and new counter-tops can increase the value of your home.
2. Bathroom - The bathroom is another important room of your house. Updating the tile, sink and tub fixtures, toilet, counters, and lighting can increase the value of your home.
3. Paint the Walls- A fresh coat of paint can transform a room. Painting the walls of your home in natural colors can give the illusion of a larger space. Also, if you are selling your home natural colors on the walls allow your potential buyer to envision how they would decorate the home if they decide to purchase it. Go for white, light beige, light gray, or light blue.
4. Remove Popcorn Ceilings- Popcorn ceilings are a thing of the past. Popcorn ceilings were popular in 1960 and slowly died down in homes built during the 1990's. Having a popcorn ceiling can make your home feel outdated. Getting it removed can increase the value of your home.
5. Remove Carpet - Carpeted homes are another outdated home feature. Change carpets to hardwood flooring. Wood floors are more visually appealing and last longer than carpets. Adding wood floor to your home can increase your home's value.
6. Add Closet Storage- A custom closet can be a great benefit to your home. It allows your closet to be organized while reducing clutter and the stress to find something to wear each day. There are various options when it comes to adding closet storage. Many of the options can increase the value of your home.
7. Increase Square Footage - Knock down those unnecessary walls in your home to increase the square footage of your home. Make your kitchen larger or increase the room in a bathroom. Depending on the layout of your home, the possibilities of increasing the square footage of your home can be endless. Increasing the footage can increase the value of your home.
Need a professional for home improvement? Home Pros Guide is the best source for local, reputable, quality Home Improvement Pros for all homeowners.
Click here to look through our extensive directory of pros or browse our gallery of real home project photos for new home improvement ideas!