What Should I Consider Before Hiring A Moving Company?
Moving can be stressful. It is a very time consuming process that requires you to gather moving supplies, clean and de-clutter your home, box up everything you are keeping, and move all of your items to your new home or storage unit. One thing you must decide is how will you move all of your belongings. Will you be moving them yourself or will you hire a moving company? Here are some of the benefits of hiring professional movers:
- Packing Services- Some professional movers provide packing services. They will take an inventory of your items and pack them neatly for your move.
- No Heavy Lifting - Lifting boxes during a move can put a strain on your back. Leave it to the pros to do all of the heavy lifting for you.
- Saves you time - Having someone else move your boxes gives you time to complete other errands you want to complete before leaving your neighborhood.
- Safety - Moving professionals know how to move your items safely. Keeping fragile items from breaking and protecting all of your belongings. You do not have to worry about tripping from losing your footing and accidently dropping a box.
- Peace of Mind- Leaving your move up to the pros can decrease some of the stress you may feel for your upcoming move. It is one less thing you will have to worry about while completing your moving checklist.
You've decided to hire professional movers. Now what?
Hiring a moving company can take away some of the stress from your next move. Once you make the decision to go that route, there are a few things you should keep in mind when choosing the right moving company.
- Do your research - You do not want just anyone moving your things. Ask for referrals, read reviews online, and check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Moving rates - Compare moving rates between the companies in your area.
- Hidden Fees - Sometimes a company will list their cost to move your boxes, but will not inform you upfront of any additional fees. Make sure to ask what is included in the base price. Some other fees to consider asking about are packing supplies, packing labor, furniture disassembly, travel, only stairs no elevator, bulky items, and storage.
- License and Insured - Verify the company you decide to work with is license and insured. This will protect you, your property, and your belongings in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong. If the company you are considering is not licensed or insured, look for one that is.
- Read Your Written Agreement- Read over your contract agreement. This agreement usually tells you what will happen in the case of damages. It will also list the rate your paying and include any of the hidden fees. If you have any concerns or things you would like added to your contract, ask. It is also another way to protect yourself if you have a later complaint.
Need a professional for home improvement? Home Pros Guide is the best source for local, reputable, quality Home Improvement Pros for all homeowners.
Click here to look through our extensive directory of pros or browse our gallery of real home project photos for new home improvement ideas!