Get The Perfect Flooring to Refresh Your Home
Your home’s flooring is a key component in creating the overall tone and environment in your living space. When it comes to remodeling, the sky’s the limit with all of your options! Create the perfect lounge area, an inviting and warm kitchen, or a relaxing bedroom!
Here are several tips to help coordinate your flooring selections with the rest of your home.
1. Choose the Right Material
With plenty of flooring options to choose from, from stone to ceramic, from wood to carpet or even polished cement, it can be overwhelming to pick what you please.
But keep in mind that certain materials work better for certain rooms!
- Use carpeting for transforming cold, stiff rooms into comfortable and cozy spaces.
- Natural stone, such as marble, can add a luxurious feel to your kitchens and bathrooms.
- Use polished cement for an urban, clean, modern feel in open spaces.
2. Keep the Same Types of Flooring
Try not to turn your house’s flooring into a collage of different floors! If you’re going with wood, don’t mix different colors of light and dark wood. If you’re going with tiles, stay with one style and color of tile instead of multiple designs.
Add continuity to your home by having one or two consistent floor type throughout your home.
3. Be Conscious of Floor Colors and Textures
Different colors and textures can clash with each other, making your home seem disorganized, even without furniture! Avoid dark hardwood floors lining up against bright white tiles.
Instead, coordinate your different floor types by picking similar colors. Having gray wood with a soft white tile will be easier on the eyes, or a soft brown wood that matches with beige carpeting.
4. Get a Flooring Professional to Help You!
To summarize everything thus far:
- Use the right flooring materials in the right spaces.
- Keep your floor types consistent in your whole home.
- Choose colors that don’t clash with each other.
Make sure to have a home professional assist you with these important flooring decisions, which can make or break your home’s ambience!
Need help locating a certified, high quality contractor?